Exams at Public Venues
If you are booking exams at a Public Venue organised by us you can:
Choose your practical exam date and venue
- When you book your exams you will be able to choose dates and venues from a list of options. You will know your exam date(s) as soon as you book and pay.
- You can choose your date and venue, but not the time of your exam. We will email you to confirm the time of your appointment(s) once the booking period has closed and we have finalised the timetables.
Change practical exam appointments online
- Once the booking period has closed and we have confirmed your exam times, you can go online to change an exam date, if space is available.
- You can do this up to 48 hours (two full days) before the exam date.
What you need to know
Booking periods for exams
- The booking period is when you can book exams for the forthcoming exam session. Each booking period has an ‘opening date’ as well as a ‘closing date’.
Book early for more choice of practical exam dates
- For the widest choice of dates and venues, please book your practical exams as soon as the booking period opens. The earlier you book the more choice you will have.
- Once the booking period has closed and timetables are confirmed, it may be possible to make late bookings for practical exams if space is available.
What about Music Theory exams?
- All Music Theory exams will continue to take place on set dates.
- We are unable to accept late bookings for Music Theory exams.